Tuscan Kale And Fusilli Soup
Makes 8 servings
- 1 (8 oz.) package ztruRoots® Ancient Grains Organic Fusilli
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 3 cups prepared chopped yellow onion, carrot and celery
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 (32 oz.) containers vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups packed kale, center vein removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in large pot of salted water boiling water, just until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- HEAT oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot and celery until softened. Add tomato paste, garlic and rosemary. Cook and stir until fragrant. Add broth, chickpeas and kale. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Cook 18 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- PLACE 1/2 cup of noodles in each soup bowl. Top with soup and cheese.