Mung Bean And Sweet Potato Sliders With Avocado Cumin Cream
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato*
- 1 cup cooked truRoots® Organic Sprouted Mung Beans
- 1/4 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 1/8 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 2 ripe avocados, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lime Juice
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Alfalfa sprouts, if desired
- COMBINE sweet potato, mung beans, panko crumbs, egg, cilantro, 1 teaspoon each smoked paprika, cumin and garlic salt in large bowl until blended. Roll into 8 balls. Flatten into 1/2-inch patties.
- HEAT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add sliders to pan. Saute slowly, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- PLACE flesh of one avocado, lime juice, remaining 1/8 teaspoon each smoked paprika, cumin and garlic salt in food processor bowl. Process until creamy. Place into resealable bag. Place lettuce leaf on center of each plate. Arrange two sliders with several slices of remaining avocado over lettuce. Top with radishes. Clip small corner off resealable bag. Drizzle Avocado Cumin Cream over sliders. Top with alfalfa sprouts, if desired.
- *COOK 3/4 pound sweet potato by piercing skin several times with fork. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through cook time until soft. Cool. Remove flesh from skin.
- **COOK 1/2 cup mung beans in 1 1/2 cups gently boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Cover. Allow to rest 5 minutes. Drain well.