Quinoa Casserole with Tomatoes and Black Beans
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup truRoots® Organic Quinoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- DRAIN juice from tomatoes and add more water to equal 2 cups liquid. Use liquid to make quinoa according to directions on package. While quinoa is cooking, saute onion and peppers in oil.
- MIX sour cream, mayo and cheese in separate bowl and set aside.
- ADD corn, beans, tomatoes and peppers to quinoa when done cooking. Spread mixture into 13x9-inch pan.
- DROP cheese mixture by spoonfuls and spread evenly over the quinoa. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.