Cinnamon and Banana Brown Rice Pudding
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked truRoots® Organic Germinated Brown Rice
- 1 1/4 cups milk or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 banana, sliced
- COMBINE rice, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 6 minutes. Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup rice mixture to egg, whisking constantly. Pour egg mixture into pan. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover. Allow mixture to cool 15 minutes.
- SPOON into serving bowls. Top with banana. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- To Make 1 1/2 cups Germinated Brown Rice: Follow package instructions using 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 cup rice. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired.