Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
Makes 4 servings
- 1 (8 ounce) package ztruRoots® Ancient Grains Organic Fusilli
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup prepared fresh pesto
- 2 teaspoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
- COOK pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, just until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- REMOVE avocado from skin. Process avocado flesh, pesto and lemon juice in food processor bowl until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- COMBINE avocado pesto, cheese and pasta together in serving bowl. Top with tomatoes, grated cheese and basil sprigs for garnish.