Baked Apples with Spiced Sprouted Quinoa
- 4 large baking apples
- 1 cup cooked truRoots® Organic Sprouted Quinoa
- 1/3 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, blueberries, raisins and cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- Vanilla frozen yogurt
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Hollow out apples to make thin shell, leaving bottom intact. Place apple shells in 8-inch baking pan. Chop 3/4 cup of remaining apple.
- COMBINE chopped apple, quinoa, dried fruit, pecans, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Divide quinoa mixture into apple shells. Pour 1 cup apple juice into baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- WHISK corn starch and remaining 1/4 cup apple juice in small saucepan. Place baked apples in serving bowls. Pour pan juices into saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute. Serve apples with frozen yogurt. Top with sauce.
- To Make Sprouted Quinoa: Follow package instructions using 2/3 cup water and 1/3 cup sprouted quinoa. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, if desired.