Apple, Butternut Squash and Quinoa Soup
8 (1 cup) servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup truRoots® Organic Quinoa
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups Santa Cruz Organic® Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or other sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag dehydrated apple chips, for garnish
- MELT butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic cooking until onions are softened. Stir in, quinoa, chicken broth, squash, apple sauce, agave nectar, cinnamon, sage and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until quinoa and squash are cooked, about 15 to 18 minutes. Allow soup to cool slightly. Stir cream into soup.
- PROCESS soup in batches in blender or food processor, carefully, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan.
- SERVE soup warm or at room temperature in bowls, cups or in small glasses as shooters. Garnish each serving with apple chips and sprinkle with cinnamon.